Brussel Sprouts in Cheese Sauce
|Frozen brussels sprouts||20 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Natural sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
1) In a large saucepan, cook brussels sprouts as directed on package.
2) Cook for about 8 minutes or until tender.
3) To make Cheese Sauce: In small saucepan, at low heat, melt butter (do not brown).
4) Remove pan from heat.
5) Add flour, mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne and milk, stir until smooth.
6) Boil the mixture, stirring until thickened.
7) Lower the heat, add cheese; cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
8) Drain brussels sprouts, transfer them back into saucepan.
9) Heat slightly to dry out.
10) Serve the hot brussles sprouts with cheese sauce poured over top.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg11.5%
Sodium 394 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet