Brussel Sprouts In Cheese Sauce
|Frozen brussels sprouts||20 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Natural sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
1) In a large saucepan, cook brussels sprouts as directed on package.
2) Cook for about 8 minutes or until tender.
3) To make Cheese Sauce: In small saucepan, at low heat, melt butter (do not brown).
4) Remove pan from heat.
5) Add flour, mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne and milk, stir until smooth.
6) Boil the mixture, stirring until thickened.
7) Lower the heat, add cheese; cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
8) Drain brussels sprouts, transfer them back into saucepan.
9) Heat slightly to dry out.
10) Serve the hot brussles sprouts with cheese sauce poured over top.