Spicy Brussels Sprouts
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Silvered almonds||1 Ounce (3 Tablespoon)|
|Crushed yellow mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked brussels sprouts||3 Cup (48 tbs), halved|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger/Japanese pickled ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Place a large, heavy, nonreactive skillet, over moderately high heat.
2) Add oil and heat up for about 30 seconds.
3) Saute the almonds and add the mustard, cumin and fennel seeds.
4) Cook, by stirring, until the nuts and spices are fragrant and dark, about 15 seconds.
5) Lower the heat to moderate to add the brussels sprouts, cayenne and ginger.
6) Stir vegetables to heat up and combine thoroughly for about 4 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of water if the vegetables look dry.
7) Season the sprouts with 1 tablespoon of lime juice or as per your taste.
8) Sprinkle salt and pepper, if desired to serve hot.
The sprouts can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 1 day; reheat before serving.