Brussels Sprouts Al Dente
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound (28 Sprouts Or 4 Cups)|
1) From the Brussels sprouts, cut the rough ends off. Discard discolored outer leaves, if any.
2) Over rapidly boiling water, steam for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sprouts turn crisp tender.
3) Remove from heat.
4) Quickly place under cold running water. This helps to stop the cooking and preserve the color.
5) Drain thoroughly.
6) Chill well before serving time.
7) Use this in an appetizer of your choice, if desired.