Brussels Sprouts Al Dente
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound (28 Sprouts Or 4 Cups)|
1) From the Brussels sprouts, cut the rough ends off. Discard discolored outer leaves, if any.
2) Over rapidly boiling water, steam for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sprouts turn crisp tender.
3) Remove from heat.
4) Quickly place under cold running water. This helps to stop the cooking and preserve the color.
5) Drain thoroughly.
6) Chill well before serving time.
7) Use this in an appetizer of your choice, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 113.4 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g69%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 642.6%
Calcium 19% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet