Brussels Sprouts Lyonnaise
|Brussels sprouts||450 Gram|
|Light cream||125 Milliliter|
|White pepper||1 Milliliter|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium|
|Flour||45 Milliliter (All Purpose)|
|Sweet white wine||80 Milliliter|
1) Remove bottom ends and any wilted leaves from sprouts.
2) In boiling salted water, cook the sprouts for 10 minutes.
3) Drain well and keep warm in a serving bowl.
4) In a saucepan, mix together milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper and onion.
5) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and simmer until onions are soft.
6) In another sauce pan, heat butter and then add in flour.
7) Cook the mixture for 2 minutes over low heat to make a roux.
8) Mix in onion cream and wine and allow the sauce to thicken by simmering for 8-10 minutes.
9) Spoon the sauce over sprouts placed in serving bowl.
10) Serve immediately.