Pureed Brussels Sprouts
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brussels sprouts||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounces Each)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil.
Add the Brussels sprouts and onion and return to a boil.
2. Cover, and simmer vegetables for about 10 minutes soft and mushy.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sprouts and onions to a food processor or blender.
4. Pulse in short burst and add a little of the cooking liquid to puree into a smooth paste.
5. Add the sour cream, yogurt, nutmeg and seasonings according to taste and blend for a couple of seconds
6. Empty the puree into a fresh saucepan and heat the puree on a low flame until warm.
7. Serve the puree warm as a good substitute for mashed potatoes.
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.7 mg3.6%
Sodium 361.4 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 208.6%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet