Pureed Brussels Sprouts
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brussels sprouts||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounces Each)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil.
Add the Brussels sprouts and onion and return to a boil.
2. Cover, and simmer vegetables for about 10 minutes soft and mushy.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sprouts and onions to a food processor or blender.
4. Pulse in short burst and add a little of the cooking liquid to puree into a smooth paste.
5. Add the sour cream, yogurt, nutmeg and seasonings according to taste and blend for a couple of seconds
6. Empty the puree into a fresh saucepan and heat the puree on a low flame until warm.
7. Serve the puree warm as a good substitute for mashed potatoes.