Brussels Sprouts A La Lyonnaise
|Frozen brussels sprouts||1 Small|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, boiled with peel|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Stand the boiled potatoes in a slightly salted water.
2) As directed, boil the sprouts.
3) Drain well.
4) When slicing the onions, first peel.
5) Cut a deep cross in each, cutting almost to the base.
6) Thinly slice.
7) Have the boiled potatoes in a little slightly salted water.
8) Peel and slice crossways a quarter of an inch thick.
9) Halve the slices.
10) In a pan, heat a little butter.
11) Add in the potatoes and fry.
12) Drain and keep warm.
13) In the same pan, add in the onion and fry till golden brown.
14) Sprinkle lightly with a mix of salt and pepper.
15) Toss the sprouts, potatoes, and onions together with a little melted butter poured over.
16) Around the border of a serving dish, arrange 6 triangles of fried bread.
17) Transfer the sprout mix into the center.
18) Serve hot.