Brussels Sprouts With Chestnuts
|Brussels sprouts/Two 10 ounce, packages frozen sprouts, boiled and drained||1 Quart, drained|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Or Canned)|
1. Place the boiled sprouts in a saucepan and keep warm by lacing the pan over a double boiler.
2. In a sauté pan, melt butter over a low flame
3. Add the flour to the butter when it starts to froth and stir to blend well to make a roux
4. Pour the chicken broth into the pan while stirring continuously to blend well
5. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens
6. Take pan off the heat and season with salt, pepper.
7. Stir in the lime juice and chestnuts.
8. Pour the sauce over the warm sprouts and toss to coat.
9. Serve the sprouts and chestnuts in sauce while warm