1. Put a fine strainer in a large bowl but make sure it is not touching the bottom.
2. Layer a cheese cloth over the strainer, pour the yogurt into the cheese cloth and twist the cheese cloth tightly closed, put in the refrigerator for 2 days.
3. Open the cheese cloth and store the labne in an airtight container.
4. You can serve it plain with olive oil or you can make a variation. Just mix some of the finished labne with minced garlic and mint, spread in a dish and garnish with olives and olive oil.
5. Serve with pita bread or pita chips.
You can store labne in the refrigerator for up to 10-15 days.
This creamy cheese/yogurt spread is made from Greek yogurt. It is not the yogurt but a cheese spread made from the yogurt that is soft and creamy, similar to cream cheese. This goes so wonderfully with toast, pita bread or even mixed with a little mint and garlic as an appetizer.