How to Make Homemade Nutella - Hazelnut Spread
|Whole milk||400 Gram, hot|
|Powdered whole milk||60 Gram|
|Bittersweet chocolate||170 Gram|
|Milk chocolate||140 Gram (Should have at least 33% cacao solids)|
|For hot chocolate:|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hazelnut spread||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg whites||3 Large (At room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||400 Gram, chill|
|Hazelnut spread||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toast the hazelnuts and almonds for 7-10 minutes in the oven.
3. In a bowl, add hot whole milk, the powdered milk, honey and salt and bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil, put the lid on and turn off the heat.
4. Add the toasted hazelnuts to a clean dish towel, fold and rub on them to take the skin off. Do this while the nuts are still hot.
5. Add the skinlees nuts into a food processor and grind well.
6. In a double boilder, heat and melt the milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
7. Add the heated milk mix along with the melted chocolate into the food processor and blend well together.
8. Transfer into a glass jar and refrigerate until you want to use it.
9. For the mousse: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
10. Add the sugar and continue to whip until hard peaks are formed.
11. Then, whip the heavy cream until hard peaks are formed.
12. Add in the hazelnut mix into egg whites bowl and fold until incorporated.
13. Next, fold in the whipped heavy cream as well.
14. For the hot chocolate: Bring to a boil the half and half along with the hazelnut spread. Pour into a cup and serve.
15. The rest of the hazelnut spread can be used for other desserts or to eat with bread, cookies or anything you wish.
TIPS: Once refrigerated, add 2 tablespoons of the spread into warm milk or half and half to make a hazelnut drink.
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.3 mg7.8%
Sodium 35.6 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet