Edam Sherry Spread
|Whole edam cheese||2 Pound (At Room Temperature)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Finely chopped pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take the Edam cheese and carefully cut off the top. Cut out cheese from both sections, leaving 1/2 inch shell in the bottom section.
2) Discard the top shell of wax.
3) Chop cheese into small pieces.
4) Take a processor bowl and carefully position knife blade in it. Add cheese and process until it turns smooth and forms a ball.
5) Add mustard, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Process until mixture is nicely blended.
6) Pack cheese spread into the cavity of cheese.
7) Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.1 mg9.4%
Sodium 352.2 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 0.87 g0.29%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.09%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 0.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet