Herbed Liver Spread
|Onion||1 Small, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Hard cooked egg||1|
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a small skillet, place the oil.
3) In it, saute onion, garlic, savory and thyme, until onion turns transparent.
4) Make the heat to medium and add livers, cook until just done.
5) Remove skillet from heat and let the livers cool for sometime.
6) In the blender, drop 1 liver at a time through the opening and process at high speed.
7) Blend the liver and hard boiled egg together and season with pepper to taste.
8) Use the liver spread on top of breads and sandwiches.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1024.2 mg341.4%
Sodium 246.7 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 47 g94.8%
Vitamin A 511.7% Vitamin C 89.8%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 122.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet