Sardine Appetizer Spread
Butter -1/4 cup or margarine - 1/4 cup, softened
Green onion - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Chili sauce - 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Dry mustard - 1/4 teaspoon
Bottled hot pepper sauce - few drops
Rye wafers - as needed
1. Drain canned sardines and using a fork mash it.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together mashed sardines, 1/4 cup butter or margarine, onion, chili sauce, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon mustard and hot pepper sauce; mix until well combined.
3. Refrigerate the mixture until chill.
4. Few minutes before serving, remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
5. Serve Sardine Appetizer Spread over crisp rye wafers and serve immediately.