|Red rhubarb||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Artificial sweetener||1 Tablespoon (equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
1. In a saucepan, mix together rhubarb, 1/4 cup water, sweetener and lemon juice.
2. Over medium heat, cook until rhubarb is tender; stir often.
3. In a bowl, take remaining water and sprinkle gelatine over the top.
4. When the gelatine is soft, add to hot rhubarb and stir until gelatin dissolves completely.
5. Remove the pan from heat and cool; beat until smoothly blended.
6. Refrigerate the sauce until chill.
7. Apply rhubarb spread over French toast and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.4 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.4%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 139.5%
Calcium 83% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet