|Red rhubarb||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Artificial sweetener||1 Tablespoon (equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
1. In a saucepan, mix together rhubarb, 1/4 cup water, sweetener and lemon juice.
2. Over medium heat, cook until rhubarb is tender; stir often.
3. In a bowl, take remaining water and sprinkle gelatine over the top.
4. When the gelatine is soft, add to hot rhubarb and stir until gelatin dissolves completely.
5. Remove the pan from heat and cool; beat until smoothly blended.
6. Refrigerate the sauce until chill.
7. Apply rhubarb spread over French toast and serve.