Ayrshire Cheddar Spread
|Cheddar cheese/Other medium sharp, firm cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated (at room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Whisky||3 Tablespoon (Johnnie Walker Red)|
|Chopped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
1. In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine the grated Cheddar and cream cheese.
2. Beat or blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight for flavors to blend and to chill well before serving.
7. Serve the Ayrshire Cheddar Spread with assorted crackers , rye-crisps or dark bread as an appetizer at a cocktail party.