Smoky Cheese Spread
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (at room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package, at room temperature)|
|Natural hickory liquid smoke||1 Teaspoon (Wright's)|
|Chopped parsley/Pecans||1 Tablespoon|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
1. In a medium bowl or food processor, combine the softened cheeses.
2. Beat or blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
3. Add liquid smoke and blend well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the cheese mixture is firm and pliable.
5. Shape the chilled cheese mixture into one large or into many small balls, using the wooden spoon and a spatula.
6. Combine the chopped pecans and parsley on a plate.
7. Roll the cheese ball/s in this mixture.
8. Arrange on a serving platter and chill again until ready to serve.
9. This makes a wonderful appetizer at a party and should be accompanied by assorted crackers and fruits.