Smoky Cheese Spread
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (at room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package, at room temperature)|
|Natural hickory liquid smoke||1 Teaspoon (Wright's)|
|Chopped parsley/Pecans||1 Tablespoon|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
1. In a medium bowl or food processor, combine the softened cheeses.
2. Beat or blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
3. Add liquid smoke and blend well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the cheese mixture is firm and pliable.
5. Shape the chilled cheese mixture into one large or into many small balls, using the wooden spoon and a spatula.
6. Combine the chopped pecans and parsley on a plate.
7. Roll the cheese ball/s in this mixture.
8. Arrange on a serving platter and chill again until ready to serve.
9. This makes a wonderful appetizer at a party and should be accompanied by assorted crackers and fruits.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1496 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.4%
Saturated Fat 67.7 g338.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 368.5 mg122.8%
Sodium 1819.6 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 42 g84.3%
Vitamin A 105.4% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 106% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet