Tomato Sun Spread
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash and roughly chop the tomatoes. Do not discard the pulp.
2. In a food processor or blender jar with the blending blade attached, combine chopped tomatoes, with oil, kelp, honey and tamari.
3. Place the lid on top and pulse the mixture in 3 or 4 bursts to blend the ingredients well to form a thick and smooth liquid.
4. Add the sunflower seeds, ¼ cup at a time and blend by pulsing in short bursts of 10 seconds, until well combined with the liquid to form a thick paste.
5. Use this as a dip and serve with crackers, toasted pita bread, tortilla chips or vegetable sticks.
6. You can also use it as a spread or topping.
7. Store the dip by bottling in a jar with a tight fitting screw on lid and refrigerate.
Calories 709 Calories from Fat 614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 99.3 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 32.1% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet