Roasted Garlic and Herb Goat Cheese Spread
|For the garlic roast|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic head||1 Small|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the spread|
|Goat cheese||4 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon (Chopped)|
|Fresh basil leaves||5 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Chopped)|
|Chopped basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the platter|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, thinly sliced (Optional)|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced (Optional)|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, cut into long thick pieces (Optional)|
|Baguette roll/Whole grain pumpkin seed bread||1 Small, sliced (Optional)|
1. Cut 1/4 of the top off of a small head of garlic such that the cloves are exposed. Now put it on a sheet of aluminium foil, drizzle it with some olive oil and sprinkle some salt over it. Wrap it up in the foil really tightly and put it in the oven that is heated up to 425 F for about 45 to 50 minutes.
2. Into a mini food processor, add the coarsely chopped basil leaves, parsley, black pepper, goat cheese and lastly the roasted garlic head squeezed into it.
3. Combine all the ingredients well using the pulse function of the food processor. Once well combined, the spread is ready to serve.
4. Serve with some freshly cut vegetables like zucchini, yellow squash and celery along with slices of whole grain pumpkin seed bread.
2. Foil - to wrap up the garlic head for roasting