Spinach And Celery Casserole
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Sliced celery||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Half-and-half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. Cook spinach according to package directions, drain well and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan combine celery, water and salt bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium cook, uncovered 10 minutes until celery is tender and drain well.
5. Add butter to celery and cook over low heat until butter melts.
6. Add flour, stirring until smooth and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
7. Gradually add half-and-half and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
8. Stir in pepper, horseradish and drained spinach.
9. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, spoon mixture into it and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
11. Serve the casserole with garnish as desired.