Spinach Parcels On A Tomato Coulis
|Celeriac||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Grams)|
|Fresh goat cheese/Full-fat soft cheese||1 Ounce (25 Grams, Creamy Variety)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, chopped (450 Grams)|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Fresh basil||15 Milliliter, chopped (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Red wine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Fresh spinach leaves||16 Medium|
1. For the filling, peel and finely dice the celeriac and cook in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender.
2. Drain, mash, then beat the celeriac in the Cheddar, goat's cheese and seasoning and leave it to cool.
3. To make the Tomato Coulis:
4. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil add the tomatoes, cover and cook until soft.
5. Uncover, bring to the boil and add the tomato puree, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, basil, sugar, red wine and stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
6. In a food processor remove the bay leaf and blend until smooth.
7. Sieve the mixture, then season to taste and pour into a pan.
8. Wash the spinach leaves, steam for 4-6 minutes until tender and drain on a wire rack.
9. To finish, lay two spinach leaves, slightly overlapping, on a work surface.
10. Place one sixth of the filling on top and wrap to enclose it.
11. Repeat to make six parcels and if wished, tie a fresh chive around each parcel.
12. Steam the parcels gently for about 10 minutes until heated through.
13. Reheat the Coulis and pour a little on to each plate.
14. Place a Spinach Parcel on top and serve.