|Minced shallots/Green onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen spinach||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Parmesan cheese/Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small pan melt 1 tablespoon butter.
3. Add shallots and sautÃ© for several minutes until done.
4. Add spinach and cook until dry.
5. Add nutmeg and mix.
6. Keep aside.
7. In 1-quart saucepan melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
8. Add flour and mix. Cook for sometime.
9. Add milk and stir.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
12. Add spinach and mix.
13. Let the sauce cook slightly and add egg yolks. Combine well.
14. In a medium-size bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
15. Beat in cream of tartar to the egg whites until soft peaks form.
16. Add 1/4 of egg whites into spinach mixture.
17. Gently fold in remaining whites.
18. Grease a 1 1/2- or 2-quart souffle dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
19. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over it.
20. Spoon souffle into dish.
21. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until puffed and golden.
22. Serve souffle immediately, with sauce.