|Red lentils||4 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely sliced|
|Water||3⁄4 Pint (boiling)|
|Green chilli||1 , deseeded and chopped fine|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen spinach||12 Ounce, cooked or thawed|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1 Ounce|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Whole wheat pita breads||4|
1) In a very large bowl, place the lentils and onion along with the boiling water to cover up to three quarters.
2) On high power, cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft. Stir in between, as required.
3) Into the lentils, add the chopped chili along with the lemon juice, spinach and margarine.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) On high power, cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the mixture turns thick and just moist.
6) Place the breads on a kitchen paper.
7) On high power, warm them for 30 seconds.
8) Cut the breads into half and serve immediately, stuffed with the mixture.