Salad Of Spinach Crowns
|Spinach crowns||20 (Use Roots And 2 Inches Of The Stem From About 2 Pounds Of Fresh Spinach)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oriental sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
1) Cut away the woody parts from the spinach roots and discard the rotten spinach stems, if any.
2) Place on a colander, to rinse well in plenty of clean, cold water.
3) In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, dip the crowns to blanch for 4 minutes or until tender but still bright green.
4) Drain the crowns and again rinse in running cold water.
5) In a medium bowl, pour in soy sauce, oil, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water. Combine thoroughly and add the spinach crowns to toss well.
6) Use 2 plates to distribute the greens. Spread the remaining dressing over the salads to serve.