|Pistachios||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), defatted|
|Red onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound, thick stems removed|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a non-stick frying pan, toast the pistachios for 2 minutes, over medium-high heat. The nuts should be fragrant and lightly colored.
2) From the pan, remove the nuts and keep aside.
3) In the same pan, heat the chicken stock.
4) To this, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions turn soft.
5) To this, gradually add the spinach and nutmeg.
6) Cook covered for 2 minutes, until the spinach is soft.
7) Now, add the toasted pistachios.
8) Toss the mixture gently.
9) serve immediately.