Spinach With Sour Cream
|Fresh spinach/20 ounce frozen chopped spinach||2 Pound|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash spinach; remove and discard large stems.
2) In a large saucepan, place the spinach with just the water clinging to leaves.
3) Cover the pan and cook spinach, tossing with a fork once or twice, 5 minutes, or until just tender.
4) Drain very well.
5) Chop the leaves coarsely.
6) If using frozen spinach, cook as label directs; drain very well.
7) Return spinach to saucepan.
8) Add salt and sour cream; toss to mix well.
(If using frozen spinach, omit 1 teaspoon salt, but add salt to taste.)
9) Heat, over low heat, until heated through.
10) Serve the cream spinach hot as side dish.