Garlic and Shallot Spinach
|Spinach leaf||9 Ounce (250 Gram, Large, Not Baby)|
|Mild olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), peeled (Small Sized)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled but left whole|
1. In a large saucepan, brink 1 cup of water to a boil.
2. When the water is boiling, add the spinach leaves and blanch them for 2 minutes till they are wilted.
3. Drain into a colander and refresh with cold water to preserve their green color.
4. Squeeze the water from the leaves and place with between two kitchen paper towels to soak the moisture.
5. In a skillet, heat oil and sauté the shallots for 5 minutes until they are soft and lightly browned.
6. Further add the sliced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds before adding the blanched spinach leaves.
7. Season the spinach and heat through.
8. This is a healthy accompaniment to meat and fish.