|Raw spinach||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Soy milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a colander, wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and drain.
2. In a large sauce pan, boil 2 cups of water.
3. Add the spinach to the boiling water and blanch for 3 minutes.
4. Drain and refresh the spinach in cold water. Allow all the water to drain out and leave the spinach in the colander.
5. In a skillet or a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over a medium high flame.
6. When the butter has melted and is foaming, add the flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
7. Taking pan off the heat, stir in the milk, whisking continuously until well blended with the roux.
8. Return the pan to the heat and continue cooking the sauce, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
9. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and flavor with nutmeg and lemon rind.
10. When the sauce begins to thicken, add the blanched and drained spinach.
11. Allow the spinach to cook, stirring constantly for another 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Dish out immediately and serve hot accompanying potatoes and meat or fish.
13. You could sprinkle grated cheese over the creamed spinach if desired.