|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||2 1⁄2 Pint|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1. Wash spinach in water 4 to 5 times before transferring it wet, into the pan.
2. Cover with lid and stew gently until it becomes tender. Stir it occasionally. Add water if needed but ensure that it is not more than ¼ cup.
3. Strain cooked spinach through sieve to puree.
4. In a pan, melt butter and add a crushed clove of garlic. Cook it and stir it occasionally but do not brown.
5. Add flour and a cup of milk gradually to make a sauce. Boil it gently for a minute.
6. Add salt and nutmeg.
7. Add the remaining milk gradually, while stirring.
8. Add stock then puree. Bring it to a boil.
9. Season it before serving Spinach Puree in a hot tureen with croutons of fried whole wheat bread.