|Confectioners sugar||1 Pound (10X Sugar, 1 Package)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Anise extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Food coloring||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Red / Green)|
|Frostings||4 Ounce (Red, Green And White Frostings, In Pressurized Cans Or Tubes)|
1) In the top part of a double boiler, place together 10X sugar, corn syrup, and water.
2) Cook the sugar mixture over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
3) Take the double boiler off the heat, leave the mixture stand over hot water to keep soft for shaping.
4) Mix in anise extract.
5) Let go half of mixture, a teaspoonful at a time, over a wax paper to make 1-inch rounds.
6) Allow to rest until the anise drops are firm.
7) Fold a few drops of either red or green food coloring into remaining mixture in top of double boiler,
8) Let go half of mixture, a teaspoonful at a time, over a wax paper to make 1-inch rounds.
9) Allow to rest until the anise drops are firm.
10) Garnish each with an appetizing leaf or flower design, using frostings from pressurized cans.