Fragrant Saffron Pilau
|Basmati rice||12 Ounce, washed (350 gram)|
|Button mushrooms/Morrel mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced (225 gram)|
|Clove||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Green cardamom pods||6|
|Cinnamon stick/Cassia stick||1|
|Saffron strands||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Liter (600 milliliter)|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine rice and 1 litre water. Keep aside to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Post 30 minutes, drain well and keep aside.
3. In a large sized sauce pan, heat oil.
4. Add whole spices, mushrooms and rice. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring to boil.
6. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 15 minutes or till rice is cooked.
7. Transfer on to a bowl and serve warm as an accompaniment or with a gravy.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1760 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 443.2 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet