|Lard||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed anise seed/Anise seed extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Water/Wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Sieve well and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine lard, anise seed and sugar. Mix well using a whisk.
4. Add eggs and beat well till mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Add sieved flour and water. Mix well and knead into dough.
6. On a dusted surface, roll into ¼ inch thickness and cut into shapes (as required) using fancy cookie cutters.
7. Coat each shape evenly in cinnamon sugar and place on a baking tray lined with silpat.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 12 minutes or till pale brown in colour.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
10. Place on presentation platter or serve in cookie jars.
To make cinnamon sugar, combine ½ cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix well. Store in air tight container and use as required.