|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Take a large mixing bowl and mix yeast, 3/4 cup of the flour, and cardamom.
2) Warm milk, butter or margarine, sugar, and salt. Stir in between. Pour it into dry mixture.
3) Add egg to this mixture and beat at low speed for 30 seconds and then at high speed or 3 minutes.
4) Add flour slowly to make moderately soft dough. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
5) Put the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let it rise for 1 ¼ hours. Punch it down.
6) Dust surface lightly and divide the dough into three and form balls. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
7) Now, roll each dough ball into a 16-inch long rope.
8) Take a baking sheet and lightly grease it. Place the ropes 1-inch apart on it.
9) Then, braid loosely from middle towards end and pinch ends an tuck under.
10) Cover and let it sit for 40 minutes.
11) Brush the braids with milk and dust some sugar.
12) Now, bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
13) Serve cardamom braid with tea.
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.3 mg29.1%
Sodium 281.2 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet