Arabic Beef Kefta with Saffron Yogurt
|Fresh parsley leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (continental)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown onion||1 , quartered|
|Lean beef||500 Gram, minced|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mild paprika||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (hot)|
|Skim milk yogurt||200 Milliliter|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
1. Line a large baking tray with foil.
2. Place parsley, fresh coriander and onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. 3. Add mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and season with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and paste-like, set aside.
4. Use your hands to mould a heaped tablespoonful of beef mixture around a wooden skewer into a 7cm pointed-ended sausage. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and skewers. Cover and set aside.
5. In a small bowl place the saffron and hot milk and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, extra fresh coriander, salt and pepper and set aside.
7. Under preheated grill, brush the kofta with a little of the oil and cook, turning carefully once and brushing with the oil, for 5-8 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
8. Add saffron mixture to yoghurt mixture and mix well.
9. Serve kofta hot with saffron yoghurt.
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.9 mg18%
Sodium 221.9 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet