Arabic Beef Kefta with Saffron Yogurt
|Fresh parsley leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (continental)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown onion||1 , quartered|
|Lean beef||500 Gram, minced|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mild paprika||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (hot)|
|Skim milk yogurt||200 Milliliter|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
1. Line a large baking tray with foil.
2. Place parsley, fresh coriander and onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. 3. Add mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and season with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and paste-like, set aside.
4. Use your hands to mould a heaped tablespoonful of beef mixture around a wooden skewer into a 7cm pointed-ended sausage. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and skewers. Cover and set aside.
5. In a small bowl place the saffron and hot milk and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, extra fresh coriander, salt and pepper and set aside.
7. Under preheated grill, brush the kofta with a little of the oil and cook, turning carefully once and brushing with the oil, for 5-8 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
8. Add saffron mixture to yoghurt mixture and mix well.
9. Serve kofta hot with saffron yoghurt.