Frosted Nutmeg Logs
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rum extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla rum frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Mix thoroughly adding nutmeg, egg and extracts.
4. Sift flour and measure it.
5. Stir into creamed mixture and shape into rolls 1/2 inch in diameter and 3 inches long.
6. On un-greased baking sheet place, about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in oven 15 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Let it cool and frost with Vanilla-Rum Frosting.
9. Serve Frosted Nutmeg Logs as snacks, alongside beverages or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4013 Calories from Fat 1698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g297.6%
Saturated Fat 119.3 g596.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg231.8%
Sodium 138.9 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 514 g171.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 155.7 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 117.5% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 103.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet