Frosted Nutmeg Logs
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rum extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla rum frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Mix thoroughly adding nutmeg, egg and extracts.
4. Sift flour and measure it.
5. Stir into creamed mixture and shape into rolls 1/2 inch in diameter and 3 inches long.
6. On un-greased baking sheet place, about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in oven 15 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Let it cool and frost with Vanilla-Rum Frosting.
9. Serve Frosted Nutmeg Logs as snacks, alongside beverages or as desired.