|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon (whole or ground)|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Veal steak||2 Pound (1/2-inch strips)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced (instant)|
|Bouillon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (hot)|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a small bowl of hot water, stir in the saffron. Let soak.
2) Remove all the excess fat and gristle from the meat.
3) On a saute pan, saute the veal strips for about 2 minutes till browned on all sides.
4) Add in the strained saffron liquid (if using whole saffron) along with salt, pepper and minced onion into the browned veal.
5) Mix in the bouillon.
6) Cover the pan. Cook on low heat for about 35 minutes or until the veal turns tender.
7) Stir occasionally. Add more bouillon if the mixture is too dry.
8) Stir in the cream.
9) In a small bowl, make a paste out of the cornstarch and water. Add it into the veal mixture to thicken the sauce.
10) Serve the Saffron Veal hot alongwith buttered noodles or rice.