Saffron Tea Bread
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground saffron||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
2) In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
3) In another bowl, add shortening, baking soda, saffron and lemon rind. Slowly add in the sugar. Mix well.
4) Add in the eggs, one by one, and beat into the mixture.
5) Mix in water and lemon together and add into the shortening mixture along with the mixed dry ingredients, little by little.
6) Beat the mixture for about 30 seconds. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
7) Bake for about 1 hour or until done.
8) Allow the loaf to cool down for 10 minutes before unmoulding onto a rack. Allow the bread to cool down further.
9) Let down the bread completely before slicing.
10) Serve the Saffron Tea Bread slices with cream cheese spread.