|Pigeons||3 (Wild Or Wood Variety)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Quarter the pigeons.
2) Pound the saffron in a small bowl.
3) Add 2 tbsp warm water and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
4) Peel and finely chop the onion.
5) Lightly coat the pigeons with seasoned flour.
6) In a saucepan, heat the oil and butter, add the pigeon pieces and fry for about 10 minutes till lightly browned on all sides.
7) To the pan, add saffron, soaking liquid and lemon juice to the pan.
8) Cover and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes till meat is tender.
9) Remove pigeons pieces from the pan, place on a warmed serving dish and keep hot.
10) Add onion to the liquid in the pan with parsley and seasoning.
11) Cook for 3 minutes, then spoon over the pigeon quarters.
12) Serve immediately with boiled rice.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.8 mg31.9%
Sodium 47.6 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 15 g30.9%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet