Swordfish With Zucchini And Saffron
|Zucchini||3 , julienned|
|Unsalted butter||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Swordfish fillets/Bonito / blue fin tuna||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inch slices (Use 450 Gram Fresh)|
|Onions||2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Saffron powder||1 Pinch (Use Pure Form)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Cream||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Fresh fettuccine/3/4 pound dried||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
1) In a colander, sprinkle the zucchini with a little salt and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
2) In a large pan, saute the swordfish in half the butter, until thoroughly cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
3) Saute onions and garlic in rest of the butter, until soft.
4) Stir in the saffron and seasonings, coat well.
5) Pour in the chicken stock and cream, cook over a medium heat, until smooth and thick.
6) Stir in the drained zucchini and poach for 1 minute. Then stir in the swordfish and heat thoroughly.
7) In a pan, cook the fettuccine in the boiling salted water, until tender.
8) Drain, transfer the fettuccine to a warm serving dish and pour over the sauce, just before serving.
9) Serve the Swordfish with Zucchini and Saffron, immediately on individual serving plates.