Zucchini With Saffron Sauce
|Penne/Orecchiette ﾠ||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Young zucchini||1 1⁄3 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch slices (600 gram)|
|Cream||165 Milliliter (2/3 cup)|
|Saffron powder/1/4 teaspoon saffron strands||1⁄2 Teaspoon (pure)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed for serving)|
1) In a pan, cook the Penne or orecchiette in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain and keep warm.
2) In a large frying pan, gently saute the garlic and zucchini, until golden brown and crisp.
3) Season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
4) In a pan, bring the cream and saffron to a boil, simmer gently until cream is slightly thickened and yellow.
5) Reserve a few zucchini slices for garnish and keep aside.
6) Stir the zucchini and the saffron cream into the pan, stir until thoroughly coated.
7) Garnish with the zucchini and serve the Zucchini with Saffron Sauce, immediately on individual serving plates along with the grated Parmesan cheese.