Sesame Seed Anise Cookies
|Anise seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Toasted sesame seed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 400° F.
2) In a saucepan, add water and boil.
3) Add in the anise seed and steep while mixing the dough.
4) Slowly blend in the sugar with butter or margarine and soda.
5) Beat in the egg.
6) Drain the anise seed and add.
7) Little at a time, stir in the flour and mix well to a soft dough.
8) Refrigerate till stiff enough to handle.
9) Pinching little dough at a time, shape into 1/4-inch balls.
10) Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet, placing 3 inches apart.
11) Add a piece of waxed paper over the cookies and flatten to 1/16-inch thickness, using the bottom of a glass.
12) Remove the waxed paper.
13) Brush the top of the cookies with lightly beaten egg.
14) Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
15) Place in the oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, till lightly browned.
16) Lightly dust with sugar and serve.