Cardamom Toasted Popcorn Mix
|Popcorn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Plain popcorn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Prepared Ones)|
|Whole wheat biscuits||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Whole wheat biscuits||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded (Ready To Eat, Miniature Ones)|
|Oats||3⁄4 Ounce, uncooked|
|Old fashioned oats||3⁄4 Ounce (Uncooked)|
|Apple||3⁄4 Ounce, dried|
|Dried apple pieces||3⁄4 Ounce|
|Dark raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 250Â°F.
2) In a 2-quart bowl, mix the popcorn, cereals and fruit, keep aside.
3) In a small saucepan, mix the water, sugar, margarine and cardamom together.
4) Stir continuously, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
5) Immediately pour over the popcorn mixture and toss well to coat.
6) On a non-stick baking sheet, spread the popcorn mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until toasted.
7) Serve warm or at room temperature.