Cardamom Pecan Slice
|Icing sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Plain flour||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cocoa||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cardamom||2 Teaspoon (Leveled), powdered|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), ground|
|Pecan nuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Brandy||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
1. Lightly grease a 23 cm (9 inch) round microware flan or other straight-sided dish
2. Line the greased dish with baking parchment
3. In the middle of the tin, place a 7.5 cm (3 inch) round drinking glass.
4. Sift the icing sugar
5. In a bowl, tip out the icing sugar
6. Add the eggs and whisk them together for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy
7. In a heatproof bowl, place the butter
8. Loosely cover with cling film and heat on high for 1 minute
9. In another bowl, sift the baking powder, the flour, cocoa, cardamom and cinnamon together.
10. To the bowl containing eggs, sift and add half the flour mixture.
11. Fold in lightly
12. Add half the cooled butter to the egg and flour mixture
13. Mix well and then add the rest of the flour and the rest of the butter alternating in-between them
14. Lastly add the nuts but do not overmix the cake batter
15. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin or baking dish
16. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes
17. Remove from the oven and set it to cook on a baking dish. The edges of the dish will be very moist or even wet when the dish is first removed from the oven. However, the mixture will continue to cook during the standing period.
18. Peel away the parchment when the mix cools and discard it
19. Remove the base paper and sprinkle with the brandy or any other liquor
20. Dredge with icing sugar
21. Serve warm in slices or wedges
A 23 cm (9 inch) microware ring mould can be used instead of the glass and tin arrangement