Three Types Of Wild Mushroom In A Wine And Cream Sauce With Saffron
|Crepes/1 1/2 ounce dried crepes||4 Ounce, dried|
|Cepes/1 1/2 ounce/35 gram dried cepes||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Morels||4 Ounce, dried|
|Morels/1 1/2 ounce/35 gram dried morels||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Field mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Oil||1 Ounce (25 Gram, mixed with butter)|
|Onion/3 shallots, chopped||1 Small|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|Garlic||1 Small, chopped|
|Wholemeal flour||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|White port/White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Saffron||1 1⁄4 Pinch, ground|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Thyme leaves||1 Pinch|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 gram, Mixed with oil)|
|Single cream||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. If using dry mushrooms, soak then in water till them swell up to twice their size.
2. If using fresh mushrooms, dry and trim the stalks
3. Slice and set aside till required
4. Tie the spring onions in a bundle
5. In a large pan of boiling water, boil the scallions for 8 minutes.
6. Drain the scallions, squeeze gently and set aside till required
7. In a large saucepan, heat the butter and the oil
8. Add the onions and the garlic
9. Cook for four minutes without browning
10. Dribble the flour on to the pan to absorb the extra fat.
11. Pour the wine into the pan and then add in the saffron
12. Stir in the seasoning, herbs and spices
13. Cook gently for 5 minutes or till done
14. Gently blend in the cream and continue to cook for five minutes
15. Strain the sauce
16. Heat butter in another pan, and cook the three varieties of mushroom separately for three minutes each
17. Drain and arrange on a serving dish
18. In a large serving platter, lay out the mushrooms, alternate with the scallions or spring onions.
19. Just before serving, drizzle the sauce over the mushrooms and the onions.
20. Serve with toasted bread and fresh wholemeal rolls