Pepper Stuffed With Saffron Rice
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and cubed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Fennel stalk||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Brown rice||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach leaves/Sorrel leaves||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Green peas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Red peppers||4 (Equal Sized)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Slice the top of the each pepper off.
2. Remove the seeds and the internal membranes
3. Set aside till required
4. In a large saucepan, heat the oil
5. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 4 minutes without browning the vegetables
6. Add the rice to the mixture and stir well
7. Add water that is three times the volume of the rice
8. Add the tomato puree, spinach, sorrel, saffron and peas to the mixture
9. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, covered, or until the rice is cooked but still firm and has absorbed all the water. Add more water during cooking if it is being absorbed too quickly.
10. Season to taste
11. Fill each of the peppers with the rice mixture
12. Place the peppers upright on a baking dish
13. Add water to about half-way up the peppers.
14. Season the water and cover the dish.
15. Braise in the oven for about 35 minutes at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
16. Season the cooking water with a little yeast extract and salt if required to form a stock.
17. Serve the peppers hot or cold with the sauce on the side.