Water Cress With Saffron Topper
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water cress||4 Cup (64 tbs), with stems cut short (2 Bunches)|
|Thinly sliced celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a cup, heat the vineger, add the saffron and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2) Stir into the mayonnaise and allow the mixture to stand for minimum 2 hours at room temperature.
3) Soften and blend 1/2 the cream cheese with the mayonnaise mixture, for a creamy dressing.
4) Slice rest of the cream cheese into 1/4-inch cubes.
5) In a bowl, mix the celery, watercress and cream cheese cubes together.
6) Pour over the prepared dressing, sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste and toss gently to coat.
7) Serve immediately.