Sole With Saffron Rice
|Fish liquor||75 Milliliter, mixed with milk to make 1/3 pint|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
1) With a knife remove both skins from the sole and divide into four fillets.
2) Rub seasonings and roll up.
3) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. - Gas Mark 4)
4) Grease a buttered pie dish and arrange fillets in it.
5) Pour milk around the fish.
6) Seal with buttered paper and put in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7) Drain fish and measure cooking liquor up to 1/3 pint adding extra milk if required. Keep fish warm.
8) In a saucepan melt butter over low heat and stir in the flour.
9) Add mixed fish liquor and milk and beat to a smooth sauce.
10) Season and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
11) Turn off heat and add egg yolk, lemon juice and sugar.
12) Add pinch of saffron to boiling salted water, add rice and cook briskly for 10 minutes till tender.
13) Drain the rice and spoon over the base of a hot serving platter.
14) Place cooked fish on top and pour lemon sauce on top.
15) Sprinkle paprika with top.