Sweet Anise And Carrots
|Sweet anise/Fennel bulbs||3 Medium|
|Boiling salted water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Trim, discard the base, cut and rinse the fennel bulbs thoroughly in cold water.
3) Cook the fennel in salted boiling water for about 8 minutes until tender, then
drain and dry on paper towel.
4) Scrape and cut the carrots into 3"julienne strips.
5) Cook in the salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes until tender. Then rinse in ice cold water and drain well.
6) Into a shallow 2-quart baking dish, apply 1 tablespoon butter and place the fennel and carrots in the dish.
7) Season with the salt and pepper, drizzle with rest of the butter and sprinkle evenly with pine nuts.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
9) Serve immediately in a nice plate.