Peppers With Saffron And Basil
|Red peppers||2 Large|
|Yellow peppers||2 Large|
|Saffron strands||1 Pinch (A Good Pinch Of)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Fresh basil leaves||15 , roughly torn|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the grilling equipment.
2) Take peppers and put under the hot grill for about 10 minutes or until their skins are charred . Flip occasionally to evenly roast on all sides.
3) In the meantime, take a small bowl and soak saffron strands in 2 tablespoons of hot water.
4) Once peppers are done, allow them to cool, for a couple of minutes. Now, take the skin off, cut peppers in 2 halves, remove the seeds and chop the flesh roughly in cubes.
5) Take a frying pan and heat oil in it. Stir in onion and garlic and saute until tender.
6) Next, add cream, basil, saffron and chopped peppers and cook until thoroughly heated, making sure that peppers are not mashed.
7) And seasonings as per taste and mix well.
8) Toss freshly cooked pasta with the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over it. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.