|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced thin|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, shredded medium fine|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Beef bouillon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat a large skillet over a medium high flame.
2. Add bacon and sauté until crisp
3. Drain on paper toweling, crumble when cool and set aside.
4. To the bacon fat in the pan, add onion and sauté for 5-8 minutes lightly browned
5. Add shredded cabbage and sprinkle with salt and saffron. Stir fry until cabbage wilts.
6. Pour the bouillon and give a gently stir.
7. Cover skillet and steam the cabbage on a low flame, for 10-15 minutes until soft
8. Season cabbage with pepper.
9. Serve saffron cabbage topped with crumbled bacon.