Smoked Sturgeon With Green Peppercorns
|Sturgeon steaks||42 Ounce (6 Pieces, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Green peppercorns||2 Tablespoon, coarsely cracked|
|Black peppercorns||1 Tablespoon, coarsely cracked|
|Cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
1. Take a tray and place sturgeon steaks on them. Pat ether sides of the steaks firmly with a green and black peppercorn mixture.
2. Follow the manufacturer instructions to prepare smoker.
3. Add charcoals to coal pan sufficient to fill 2/3rds of the pan. Sprinkle hickory chips on coals and heat to hot and ashen. Add hot water to water pan.
4. On the top rack of the smoker, arrange the steaks, cover and allow to smoke for 30 to 45 minutes.
5. After half an hour, check if the fish flesh is firm when touched. If done, remove and transfer to a serving platter.
6. Serve as such or cool and serve.