Smoked Sturgeon With Green Peppercorns
|Sturgeon steaks||42 Ounce (6 Pieces, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Green peppercorns||2 Tablespoon, coarsely cracked|
|Black peppercorns||1 Tablespoon, coarsely cracked|
|Cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
1. Take a tray and place sturgeon steaks on them. Pat ether sides of the steaks firmly with a green and black peppercorn mixture.
2. Follow the manufacturer instructions to prepare smoker.
3. Add charcoals to coal pan sufficient to fill 2/3rds of the pan. Sprinkle hickory chips on coals and heat to hot and ashen. Add hot water to water pan.
4. On the top rack of the smoker, arrange the steaks, cover and allow to smoke for 30 to 45 minutes.
5. After half an hour, check if the fish flesh is firm when touched. If done, remove and transfer to a serving platter.
6. Serve as such or cool and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1965 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.86%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 924 mg308%
Sodium 1318.1 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 57.7 g
Protein 257 g513.5%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet