|Leg lamb||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram)|
|Oil||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. To butterfly the lamb, cut through the skin along the line of the main bone down to the bone.
2. Cut the meat away from the bone, opening out the leg while scraping against the bone with a small, sharp knife. Take out the bone and remove the excess fat.
3. Flatten thick parts by batting with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
4. Alternatively, make shallow cuts halfway through the thickest parts and press open.
5. Thread two or three long skewers through the meat - this will make the meat easier to handle and turn on the grill.
6. Place in a large, shallow dish. Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the lamb, rubbing it in well.
7. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight. Turn the lamb frequently.
8. Remove the lamb from the dish and reserve the marinade.
9. Grill at least 15cm/6 inches away from the coals on the skin side first Grill for 20 minutes per side for pink lamb and 30-40 minutes per side for more well done meat.
10. Baste frequently during grilling. Remove the skewers and cut the slices across the grain to serve.
11. Alternatively, roast the lamb in a 180° C/ 350° F/Gas Mark 4 oven for about 1 1/2 hours, depending on how well done you like your lamb.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4394 Calories from Fat 2879
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 321 g493.5%
Saturated Fat 115.3 g576.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1215.6 mg405.2%
Sodium 1066.7 mg44.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 341 g682.6%
Vitamin A 85.1% Vitamin C 67.4%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 202.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet